Carrier faces 6-month gap after JTFX

Gestart door Lex, 30/09/2009 | 21:57 uur

dudge

Citaat van: CVBD Trmp op 17/03/2015 | 16:46 uur
Niks Photoshop KapiteinRob. Dit is een echte 9 kleeds. Gehesen na het verzoek om de grootste vlag te hijsen voor een Photex.
N.B. Beetje late reactie maar ik zie het nu net voor het eerst staan.

Niks mis met een late reactie als deze wat toevoegt, zoals hier.

Mooie foto sowieso.

CVBD Trmp

Citaat van: KapiteinRob op 01/10/2009 | 02:04 uur
De "Navy Times" had wel wat beter mogen photoshoppen, wat een prutwerk. Ze zouden op Hr.Ms. Tromp mogen willen zo'n grote vlag bij zich te hebben, laat staan op die manier te kunnen laten wapperen..... :P
Niks Photoshop KapiteinRob. Dit is een echte 9 kleeds. Gehesen na het verzoek om de grootste vlag te hijsen voor een Photex.
N.B. Beetje late reactie maar ik zie het nu net voor het eerst staan.

KapiteinRob

Citaat van: Nikehercules op 01/10/2009 | 01:01 uur
Wat een on-Nederlands patriottisme op die foto, kickuuuh ;D

De "Navy Times" had wel wat beter mogen photoshoppen, wat een prutwerk. Ze zouden op Hr.Ms. Tromp mogen willen zo'n grote vlag bij zich te hebben, laat staan op die manier te kunnen laten wapperen..... :P

Nikehercules

Wat een on-Nederlands patriottisme op die foto, kickuuuh ;D

Lex

ABOARD THE CARRIER HARRY S. TRUMAN — Sailors from the carrier Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group expect to be "surge ready" for a six-month gap between the end of their capstone exercise in September and their extended deployment, scheduled for March.
That gap between their Joint Task Force Exercise and deployment is significantly longer than the typical two to three months for most strike groups. The change will likely require additional training beyond the JTFX, the Navy's largest and most complex training exercise.
"We won't call it a JTFX. The Navy loves acronyms, so we'll probably call it 'sustain-ex' or something like that," said Rear Adm. Patrick Driscoll, the strike group's commander.
The strike group had been expected to deploy this fall. But the Navy recently shifted strike group schedules after recognizing that the 48-year-old carrier Enterprise will have to remain in the shipyard four months longer than expected.
The schedule changes extended the Truman and Nimitz strike groups' deployment from six months to eight months to cover the Enterprise gap. Nimitz deployed in July.
Rear Adm. Garry White, the commander of Strike Force Training Atlantic, agreed that additional training time will be needed.
"We'll just plug in an at-sea time or a synthetic event to make sure they're ready to deploy," White said.
Pilots will have to fly more often in order to maintain their "surge ready" capability.
Aviators will have to practice carrier landings at sea later this year, and also spend some time at Naval Air Station Fallon, Nev., for additional training, said Capt. Andrew Lewis, commander of Carrier Air Wing 3.
Some sailors were disappointed to hear about the schedule changes.
"I was ready to go on the cruise. I was ready to make some money and get it done," said Aviation Electrician's Mate 3rd Class Ryan Cuppernall.
Aviation Structural Mechanic 2nd Class Nathan Ackerman lamented the schedule change that would leave him out at sea during the summer months.
"I enjoy my summers. Missing Christmas is not all that big a deal, but I like my summers."

Navy Times,
Posted : Wednesday Sep 30, 2009 13:22:03 EDT

The carrier Harry S. Truman, shown here training alongside a Netherlands frigate during its Joint Task Force Exercise in September, won't deploy until March.
Photo: Courtesy US Navy